We have gotten Misha down to a regular bed time schedule. It's great being able to avoid all the fussing he used to have when he put him down for the night.
1. Diaper change and pajamas. Hopefully we can get him potty trained and get rid of the diapers all together.
2. Brush the teeth. Misha still likes brushing his teeth. We sing songs while we do it to keep him distracted. He prefers the "ABC" song, or "Twinkle, twinkle". He gets lazy on his pronunciation if I don't move the toothbrush out fast enough.
3. Prayers. He usually likes to pray in English but sometimes goes Russian. He makes more sense in English though.
4. Little Bear. Our nighttime ritual has become fixated on two stories from the Little Bear series. When Misha jumps into bed he immediately says, "Fshoop". What he means is "Birthday Soup". We have to read Birthday Soup. Every time. He is getting good at some of the bits...he really likes the "peas" and "pomotomomadodoes" part. As soon as we finish Birthday Soup, we have to also read the Goblin story "pit-pat-pit-pat-pit-pat". His favorite part other than the "pits" and "pats" is when the goblin snaps his fingers at the end.
5. I then leave Misha in bed with is book and the light remains on until Kiril goes to bed. No more crying. No more escaping.
The other day we had a picnic with some friends who made bbq chicken. Anytime someone mentioned the word "chicken" as in "this chicken is good" or "here, try some chicken" or when Misha ate a piece of chicken, he would emit this loud "bok-bok-bok!" Even the next day while telling the family about it, I said "chicken" and Misha immediately "bok-bok-bok"ed.
We are moving this weekend. Moving sucks. But it ought to be good. Misha loves the doorbell pipes.