Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Friday, January 11, 2008

It made me sad

Yesterday, I was perusing the news, as I usually do and hit an article which really hit me for some reason. It was about some single mom, somewhere in America who was recovering from a drug addiction. According to her family, she was turning her life around. She lived alone with her toddler, a young boy about two years of age.

Evidentially, the boy and his mom were found dead in their apartment. The mother had died of natural causes. The boy had died from starvation days later. In my minds eye, I saw the boy wandering around the apartment and mommy isn't talking to him. She is asleep. He gets hungry and thirsty and begins to cry and cry and mommy isn't doing anything. They said he was trying to scavage some food, but couldn't. In the end, I could see him lying there too weak to cry anymore. It made me sad because this kinda thing could happen to Misha. Not only that, but Misha had a fever yesterday and was just lying there. He was feeling too poorly to sit up or stand on his own or even do much eating. So I kinda had a glimpse of what it would be like.

1 comment:

Natalie J said...

That story is just too sad to tell. It made my heart break! Still crying.