Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Eval for Misha


Misha has an eval at a new preschool this week. Ira signed him up on the waiting list a couple of years ago and he finally came up at the top of the list. The hours are 6hrs a day 4 times a week instead of 3 hours. Not sure how I feel about that.

His eval was at 8am and kids had school at 8.30, so I dropped Ira and Misha off at the eval and took the kids to school and came back and joined the fun paper work. The questionaires are made by the sponsering company behind the preschool which is a mental health services provider. Ira made me laugh. She was marking the funniest things because she was taking them out of context.

For instance: there was a section with a bunch of stuff on emotional problems like anger. She had marked the behavior "Runs away from home." When I asked her about it she said, "He runs away from home." I corrected her, "No he wanders off. It's not the same. He doesn't get mad at you and run off." He would have to learn to get mad first. The other was under a suicide section. She marked that he was "Detaching self from others." We got a good laugh about it.

What was nice was when we came into get him (they eval'd him seperately), he got all excited ran over saying, "Yah! Yah! Yah! Yah!" and grabbed my hand. When I got home from work, he ran over and hugged my leg. Sigh....it's nice to be loved.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Poor kid....all that school. At least he is getting a lot of help he really needs. That's awesome.

Ira is funny. I can see how she came up with those conclusions, though.