Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hep-bi beh beh

Last night, we went to a birthday party for the daughter of one of Ira's acquaintances. I think I may have seen her once. They held in a local park with broad spans of lawn, a fish pond, a couple fountains and the like. They had some Russian food I haven't tried in quite a while: plov (rice, meath, carrots cooked stir-fried) and the equivalent of a chebureika (meat filled pastry). Quite tasty. When they hauled out the cake for the little girl, they gathered the kids and sang happy birthday.

Immediately after finishing, Misha signed "again" and "music" and I asked if he wanted me to sing happy birthday. He then sang to me "Hep-bi beh beh". I was drop-jaw shocked. He has tried singing before, but this was the clearest. The rest of the night was having him repeat it. Amazing.

A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Thanksgiving point discovery park. It had a bunch of flowers and some other things for kids to do, but the highlight was the wading pool. It had Noah's ark in the middle with various animals, elephants and goats that blew water, and Noah and his wife. Misha loves the water. Whenever we pulled him out, he squawked tried to get back in at every chance. I didnt want to go in and tried so we just used his monkey harness. Didn't help though. Some little punk kid walked over and kicked water all over me. I didn't even know him. I have the leash to Baba Liza so I could film him. He was so upset when we had to leave.

3 comments:

Natalie J said...

That video is funny. That is exactly how Xander would be...we even have the same monkey leash. That is awesome that he put that sentence together. He is getting really good!

Melanie said...

Monkey leash....I need a monkey leash. Sign me up. I think it's awesome that Misha sings. He is catching up to his cousins very fast. Now all you have to do is teach him the "cha, cha, cha" at the end. He will fit right in.

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. My heart would have melted right away when Misha sang. Kids can be mean sometimes. I want to sink to their level and go tell their parents on them,lol.
We were at the water park the other day and a little boy asked me if Josh's feet were broken. I said no his muscles work different so it will take him a little longer to walk. He said ok. I love how innocent most children are, and are willing to accept and move on. have a great week.