Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Friday, January 30, 2009

All tuckered out

It's been a trying few weeks. I am ready for a break of some kind. Although today it feels like the break is going to be my knee.

We recently put an offer in on a short sale house. In the meantime we listed our own house. The geographical difference is about 4.7 miles. So hopefully, we would find a buyer and get the bank to sell us the new one at the same time.

We are also trying to get our house presentable. This means fixing chips in the paint, leaky faucets, packing up some of our stuff, etc.

This couldn't have happened at a worse time. I have projects deadlining at work and am working from home in the evenings to try to get them done. Which means that in addition to dinner, homework, music, and work, I also have honeydo projects every evening. And inevitably while trying to fix one thing, I broke another. Sigh. Then work can't figure out what projects are the important ones so they switched. Sigh. And I am not sleeping enough. Yawn.....sigh. But I do realize there are worse things that could happen.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Maybe Ira could pick up dinner for a while.

Cake every night! YES!

You do sound busy. You are like a super DAD. Always have been, always will be.

Ira's one lucky girl.

Since when did you decide to move?

Natalie J said...

Don't you have to be able to close in 2 weeks on a short sale? What happens when your current house doesn't sell and you are stuck with 2 mortgages? Ouch! I also hate moving and preparing for it. We will list again on the 15th. I am almost ready. We will be lowering our price, so I hope it goes fast.