Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pres Hinckley


Since President Hinckley died the other day, I have been perusing many of the tributes found in the media. I don't watch much TV, especially since Ira put a month-long moratorium on it, so it's been mostly what I can find on the internet.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that both the BBC and a russian news site had articles on his passing. In fact, the BBC article was headlined on their site longer that the CNN article was. So much for being an "American" prophet. I also really enjoyed Glenn Beck's tribute.

Now that the brightest of feelings for his passing have burned lower, I can at my own little tribute. Pres. Hinckley was one of the greatest men of our time. His ability to communicate and reach people at all levels was truly spectacular. I was always eager to hear him speak. He was non-trivial, non-apologetic, to the point, direct and right. But even when he was calling people to repentance, he did it in such a way that you would not be offended by it. That was because everything he did and said was driven by the Christ-like love he had. He was and is a true disciple of Christ.

Praise to the man!!!

No comments: